Sochi 2014-Embracing the principle of the patchwork quilt

>> Wednesday, June 15, 2011

    I stumbled across this just a few days ago and loved it so much I had to share it. Sochi 2014 organizing committee recently released their branding for the 2014 winter olympic games...


  The donated work was designed by BOSCO Sports, a sponsor of the Olympics, as well as the official uniform provider for the Russian Olympic team since 2002. They designed the look to revolve around the principle of the ‘patchwork quilt’ — a combination of 16 designs representing the most famous traditional Russian arts and crafts, ranging from Gzhel to Khokhloma. 


I'd like to fly in a sweet plane like this someday...

Or maybe I need to have a wrap made like this, so I can shop hop in style... (I'll take the Audi too!)

(all photos from here

     It's so great to see a traditional theme with a modern twist, which is so prevalent with todays modern quilters. I don't know about you but it's 967 days until the 2014 games, and I am so excited to see how everything turns out. 
     Sochi 2014 has their website all decked out with the patchwork theme as well, you can see the mascots, events calendar, learn how they are being environmentally conscious (zero waste games!) check out the venues, the teams and more. Learn more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact us!

Contact Us!

Please, Come in!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP